Deadlands - Family Business
Local Farming Magnate; Family Nemesis
- Age: 67
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 255 lbs.
- Ever since the characters can remember, Cyrus Abernathy has always been a snake-in-the-grass, much like his three sons. He’s always been competitive with the other farming families, and he was a sore loser more often than not.
- 1809 – Cyrus Abernathy is born.
- 1844 – Cyrus’ eldest son is born. Cyrus names him Christian.
- 1846 – Cyrus second son, Caleb, is born.
- 1848 – Cyrus fathers his third son, whom he names Carson.
- 1868 – Abernathy Farms is in turmoil due to Cyrus’ poor choice in workers. His attempts to turn his fortunes around include trying to buy out good farmhands from other local families, which results in failure. With that attempt foiled, Cyrus has begun trying to partner with or buy out other local farms, also without success. By the time Harvey, Goidus, and even Phineas leave Homestead, Rosemary has already rejected numerous offers and even one attempt at heavy-handed intimidation for their family acreage.
Cyrus Abernathy, as of 1868